Hundreds of millions rely on Yahoo! Mail everyday to communicate with those they care about most. Easy to use, Yahoo! Mail offers unlimited storage, industry-leading spam protection and a clean, simple design. But there are a few “hidden” features in Yahoo! Mail that not all of our users know about.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Personalize your in-box: Yahoo! Mail has many colorful themes to choose from and two of them are even animated! People with newer Macbooks who use the Google Chrome browser can have an alien zipping around their screen. To check it out go to Yahoo! Mail, “Options”, “Themes” and select the thumbnail with the alien in the UFO. Move your laptop around to see the alien fly faster. There’s another theme that moves too. We’ll give you a hint – it’s blue. Hey, we don’t want to give everything away so easy!
- Keep your in-box tidy: Automatic Organizer sorts your emails according to pre-set preferences so your inbox doesn’t spiral out of control. Regret signing up for some of those newsletters? Use the Unsubscribe feature to safely get off mailing lists. And to manage your emails, set up folders so it’s easy to find the important ones. If you right click on an email and select “filter emails like this”, you can set up an automatic filter to make email filing a snap.
- Photo Slide Shows: Yahoo! Mail detects photos in your incoming emails, so you can view slideshows right from your Inbox. An incoming email that contains photos, or a link to a photo service like Flickr, displays thumbnail images at the bottom of the message.
- Take it with you: Yahoo! Mail is mobile. Apple iOS5 users can easily add their Yahoo! Mail account to their iPhones & iPads. Android users can download our popular Yahoo! Mail Android app from Google Play.
- Organize your purchases: Drowning in email receipts? Online shoppers, rejoice – we’ve got you covered. Sign up for the All My Purchases app within Yahoo! Mail to get all of your receipts and purchase information centralized in one spot.
- Hidden Cat: For all cat-lovers out there, be sure to Alt-Click on the Yahoo! Mail logo within Mail to meet our resident team mascot. “Fluffy” can only be seen for people using Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- Become a productivity master: Shift + ? pulls up all of the keyboard shortcuts within Yahoo! Mail. Learn new shortcuts like N = new message, T = start a new text and P = print message.
And to those of you without a Yahoo! Mail account, open a new account to see what you’ve been missing!