Since the news of the royal engagement, searches worldwide on Yahoo! for the royal wedding have increased 8 million percent. And just in the last month, searches have grown more than 1,500 percent! Clearly people are hungry for royal wedding content, and as the premier digital media company, only Yahoo! can create and curate the best content to satiate you and to celebrate the royal couple.
Yahoo!’s royal wedding site will be an extension of Shine From Yahoo!, the leading Website for women’s lifestyle content, and demonstrates Yahoo!’s position as the premier Web destination for landmark global events. And speaking of global – the royal wedding site is localized and live in nine markets outside the US. We invite you to experience the royal wedding through all the features our site offers:
- Guestbook: The Royal Wedding Yahoo! Guestbook gives people a place to offer their marital advice and best wishes to Prince William and Kate Middleton, then share those wishes with users’ social networks. Even celebrities have left messages for the couple on our guestbook!
- Photo galleries: View photos of the couple’s courtship, Kate Middleton as a child, and much more.
- Articles and blogs: The latest news on the royal wedding, plus articles on the wedding trends, fashion, the royal wedding's participants and guests, and more.
- Wedding live stream: Watch the royal wedding live by visiting http://royalwedding.yahoo.com on April 29.
- Video: Yahoo! will feature video from Associated Press, Reuters, and ABC News, along with original video content including a joint ABC News/Yahoo! News Web show called “Wedding Royale.” ABC News will also provide weekly flashback videos of the royal family. During the week of the wedding, Yahoo! will have a crew on the ground in London producing stories on topics people are most interested in.
- Mobile site: Yahoo! allows you to get your Royal Wedding fix anytime, anywhere, by visiting http://m.royalwedding.yahoo.com from your mobile phone.
- A chance to enter the “Live It Up Like Royalty” sweepstakes: By signing the Royal Wedding Yahoo! Guestbook or by “liking” Shine from Yahoo! on Facebook, users will automatically be entered to win a trip to Las Vegas to be treated like a king or queen.
Additionally, Flickr by Yahoo!, one of the world’s best places to post and share photos, features The Official British Monarchy Flickr stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy/tags/rw2011/ Join the celebration, the Yahoo! way. Cheerio!