We here at Yahoo! know we’ve got some truly great properties and products, and the folks at the Webby Awards agree!
We’ve been nominated for 5 Webby Awards this year, and we’re also in the running for 5 Webby People’s Voice Awards. The winners of the prestigious Webby Awards, handed out for excellence on the Web, are selected by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS), but the Webby People’s Voice Awards are voted on by members of the online public – that’s where you come in.
The People’s Voice Awards let consumers choose the best in each category, and we need Yahoo! fans to help us bring the awards home for:
- Flickr for best Community website
- omg! from Yahoo! for best in the Celebrity/Fan category
- IntoNow in the Social category
- Financially Fit in the How-To and DIY category
- Failure Club in the Reality category
Voting is open through April 26, so click the links above and cast your ballots for our nominees!
Adding to the exciting news, the Academy has acknowledged other outstanding entries among the nearly 10,000 received as Official Honorees, including 7 Yahoo! entries:
- Yahoo! Movies -- Movie and Film category
- Yahoo! TV -- Television category
- Yahoo! Mobile Flickr Android App -- Best Use of Device Camera category
- Chow Ciao -- Best Web Personality/Host category
- Nikki Boyer of Yahoo!’s “Daytime in No Time” – Best Web Personality/Host category
- A Decade of Difference -- Events & Live Webcasts category
- Around the World with Christiane Amanpour -- News & Politics: Series category
Yahoo! is committed to creating deeply personal digital experiences for our users. We’re very proud to be recognized by the IADAS with our Webby Award nominations, and would be even prouder to win the Webby People’s Voice Awards we’re up for – so vote for our nominees and share in our collective yodel: Yahoo!