This week, Yahoo!’s working on more deals…the kinds that save you money!
One thing this recession has created is a society of unapologetic penny pinchers. We’re frugal and proud. That’s why we’ve just spruced up Yahoo! Deals, first launched in November, which now features more great bargains, including grocery coupons, local deals, and even the ability to share your dollar-saving discoveries.
Take Yahoo! Search trends, for example. Searches for “printable coupons” on Yahoo! are up 50 percent in 2009, compared to the same time in 2008, and up 135 percent compared to 2007. The most popular coupon-related searches? Coupons for pizza, major retailers and groceries. And while there are signs of economic recovery, our wallets remain cautious. In a recent Yahoo! survey, 43 percent of participants said they’re using coupons more since last year.
- Grocery coupons for all kinds of kitchen staples, provided by Coupons.com
- Coupons for local chain and neighborhood restaurants, retailers and service providers provided by Valpak
- Exclusive deals from new partners including Visa and Next Jump; Ecobunga! and Greenzer (for eco-friendly products); TechBargains.com and LogicBUY (for computers and electronics); plus coupons and deals on a variety of products from CouponAlbum, CouponMountain, BradsDeals.com and Dealnews
- The gas finder module that helps you find the cheapest gas by zip code
- Improved search so you can quickly find deals from across the site
- Video stories on consumer shopping trends and savings tips provided by Inside Edition
- New social features that let you share deals with friends via email and popular social networks, and to save deals for later use
- The ability to post or read comments on each deal
So whether you’re a bona fide cheapskate or just an average Joe riding out the recession, check out deals.yahoo.com to start saving money today!
Head of Yahoo! Shopping
Photo from sgrace